The healthcare industry is undergoing a significant transformation due to the adoption of Electronic Health Record (EHR) technology, with home health, hospice, and behavioral health organizations experiencing a notable impact. Recent reports from Grand View Research, Inc. suggest that the global mental health market is predicted to grow by 13.9% in the next 7 years, while the home healthcare market is projected to reach USD 515.6 billion by 2028. This growth is driven by the increasing adoption of technology in healthcare services, which is improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs. Here are three ways organizations can leverage EHR technology to thrive in this evolving industry:
Optimized patient outcomes with technology-enabled care coordination
One of the main technological advancements in healthcare is Electronic Health Records (EHRs), which enable providers to track patient health histories, diagnoses, and treatments, leading to improved care coordination and fewer medical errors. EHRs can help your organization by:
- Improving care coordination: home healthcare, hospice, and behavioral health enable providers to access a patient's health history, diagnoses, and treatments with ease. This ensures that providers have all relevant patient information at their fingertips, leading to better-informed decisions and better patient outcomes.
- Reducing unnecessary measures: Optimized recordkeeping can help reduce the need for unnecessary tests or treatments by allowing providers to easily collaborate and share key information for effective care. This helps providers avoid duplicated efforts, miscommunication, medical errors, or delays in treatment.
- Streamlined communication between providers: EHRs can help facilitate communication between patients and their care providers with advancements in patient portals, which allow secure messaging, easier appointment setting, and improved patient engagement. These efficiencies ultimately result in an improved patient experience, strengthening the trust between them and their healthcare providers.
For home health, hospice, and behavioral health organizations, EHRs are crucial for delivering quality care and for optimizing their operations to reduce costs and provide more accurate and consistent treatment.
Telehealth: The benefits for home health, hospice, and behavioral health patients and providers
Another game-changer that is revolutionizing healthcare technology is Telehealth. Telehealth is the delivery of healthcare services remotely using technology, such as video conferencing, mobile apps, and wearable devices. The benefits of telehealth include:
- Easier access to care: Patients can meet with a nurse or doctor from the comfort of their own homes, which is especially important for those who have mobility or transportation issues.
- Lower healthcare costs, both for patients and healthcare providers: By reducing the need for in-person visits, telehealth can lower healthcare expenses for patients, including transportation costs and time off from work.
- Lower operational costs for healthcare providers: Telehealth can reduce the need for administrative staff and office space, leading to lower operational costs.
home health, hospice, and behavioral health organizations can use telehealth technology to provide more personalized care to their patients.
Learn more about Telehealth Billing Guidelines with SimiTree
Lynn Labarta, VP of Post-Acute Revenue Cycle Management at SimiTree, has over 15 years of experience in the healthcare industry and is an expert in outsourced services. SimiTree is proud to present a recent webinar hosted by Lynn, covering important topics like telehealth regulations, coverage requirements, and billing guidelines. The webinar is a must-watch for anyone with a home health, hospice, and behavioral health organization looking to implement or enhance their telehealth services. You can view the webinar here: https://youtu.be/CHa6Lp-YgBE.
Improve compliance and security with EHR technology
EHR technology offers significant advantages for the healthcare industry, especially for home health, hospice, and behavioral health organizations. Here are three ways EHRs can help organizations protect patients' sensitive medical information and comply with industry regulations:
- Enhanced Data Security: EHRs are designed to be secure and compliant with industry regulations, which can help protect patient's sensitive medical information from unauthorized access, data breaches, and cyber-attacks. By using EHR technology, home health, hospice, and behavioral health organizations can ensure that patient data remains safe and confidential.
- Streamlined Compliance Efforts: EHRs that comply with industry regulations can help home health, hospice, and behavioral health organizations streamline their compliance efforts by reducing the risk of fines and penalties associated with noncompliance. For example, complying with regulations such as HIPAA and Medicare Conditions of Participation can be challenging, but EHR technology can help organizations stay on top of compliance requirements and avoid costly mistakes.
- Improved Regulatory Compliance: EHRs can help organizations comply with industry regulations such as HIPAA and Medicare Conditions of Participation, which establish standards for the protection of patient health information and outline the requirements that home health, hospice, and behavioral health organizations must meet to participate in the Medicare program. EHR technology can help organizations stay compliant with these regulations, ensuring they deliver quality care that meets industry standards.
EHR technology provides home health, hospice, and behavioral health organizations with a powerful tool to protect patient data and comply with industry regulations.
As home health, hospice, and behavioral health organizations continue to evolve, it is essential for organizations to stay compliant and up-to-date with the latest technology. SimiTree is a leading healthcare IT consulting firm that helps home health, hospice, and behavioral health organizations gain access to innovative technology and ensure their IT systems are secure and compliant with industry regulations. SimiTree works with all software to ensure that their clients have access to the latest technology and that their IT systems are secure and compliant with industry regulations. Enabling clients to implement cost-saving solutions and improve their overall technology infrastructure, so they can continue providing patients with the highest possible care.
Need help optimizing your IT systems?
Learn how your firm can experience significant growth, driven by the adoption of technology. SimiTree’s friendly and knowledgeable IT experts are a team you can count on to increase resource capacity, improve workforce productivity, and connect your healthcare data across channels to improve your overall workflow. All with a refreshed, overall process of efficiency and togetherness trickling down to patient experience. Read more about our IT Consulting team.
Use the contact us button below to reach out to us with your IT questions.