Are you certain that your electronic health record (EHR) is fully optimized to support your behavioral health organization’s continued success? If you have any doubts about this essential part of your business, an EHR assessment can resolve your concerns.
What Happens During an EHR Assessment?
An EHR assessment starts with a series of conversations with personnel from every department and level within a behavioral health organization.
This usually includes members of the executive team, clinicians, front-desk personnel, billing, and others who interact with the EHR. These discussions typically occur on-site, though in some cases they may be conducted remotely.
After speaking with all relevant members of the behavioral health organization, the EHR assessment team develops a written report that includes elements such as:
- A thorough inventory of all the issues they discovered during their interviews
- A summary of the main themes and challenges
- Detailed optimization recommendations, which may include training, revised processes, and changes to the EHR itself
- Prioritization of their recommendations in terms of both their importance and potential impact, as well as the time and effort required for implementation
In addition to delivering this written report, the EHR assessment team also present their findings to the behavioral health organization’s executive leadership.
Why Partner with SimiTree Behavioral Health?
You purchased your EHR from a vendor, and you’ve been managing the system internally since then. So, why should you bring in an outside expert to review and optimize your EHR?
Here are four reasons why partnering with SimiTree Behavioral Health is the right choice:
- Objective insights: Bringing in a trusted third-party partner allows you to view your behavioral health organization with fresh eyes. This new perspective can help you identify discrepancies between what you intend to accomplish and what is actually happening.
- Scope of expertise: Leading a behavioral health organization is a time- and energy-intensive endeavor. The focus that your role demands leaves little time for remaining current on the constantly changing world of EHRs. When you partner with SimiTree Behavioral Health, you benefit from our team’s detailed expertise with a broad scope of EHR systems, capabilities, and requirements.
- Holistic assessment: The process of optimizing your EHR includes a thorough review of your organization’s personnel, processes, and technology. Taking this holistic approach results in recommendations for targeted changes that will have the most beneficial impact.
- Implementation support: In addition to identifying areas of concern and recommending appropriate solutions, SimiTree Behavioral Health can also work with you to implement these changes. Our team is ready to provide whatever level of support your behavioral health organization needs to reap maximum benefit from your EHR assessment.
Above all else, a SimiTree Behavioral Health EHR assessment is highly customized to address each organization’s unique goals and challenges.
How SimiTree Behavioral Health Can Help
SimiTree Behavioral Health offers comprehensive EHR assessments that are tailored to the specific needs of each organization. Our consultants are not affiliated with any EHR software companies and provide objective recommendations that are in the best interest of your organization.
If you're looking to improve your organization’s revenue and workflows, don't hesitate to reach out to us with the contact form below or call us today at 866.839.5471.