Making data-driven decisions is a must for any behavioral health organization. But in today’s information-saturated world, how can you be sure that you’re using the right data in the right ways to improve outcomes for your clients?
Behavioral Health Data Points That Matter to Patient Outcomes
There’s a lot of valuable insights available right at your fingertips — whether you pull them from your EHR, payer portals, care management platforms, or other sources. It’s just a matter of consistently collecting them in an efficient, streamlined way.
That’s where technology comes in.
“Behavioral health providers struggle to capture data due to diverse workflows across different service lines and patient groups within their EHRs,” said Melanie Elliott, PhD, VP of Analytics Strategy for SimiTree Afia Analytics.
Dr. Elliott points out that SimiTree helps providers by meeting them where they are. “We take data from the various workflows in the EHR and other data sources, consolidate them into one place in an analytics data warehouse, and build meaningful business intelligence to layer on top to create a single source of truth for providers.”
Data points that can be especially meaningful to improved client outcomes include:
- Physical Health Factors: These might include A1C levels, blood pressure, BMI, alcohol use, or tobacco use
- Social Determinants of Health: These might be housing, employment, safety, food security, financial security, or Utilities
- EHR Data: Care episode start and end dates, services and supports received, or how effective the services were
- Financial Data: General ledger data and payroll records
- Value Measures: These might include things like Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) or Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) measures
- Risk Indicators: These might be things like physical and behavioral Health diagnoses, use of inpatient and ER Stays, or readmission rates
Leveraging technology to streamline data capture from diverse sources can be instrumental to unlocking valuable insights that can significantly enhance client outcomes and operational efficiency in behavioral health settings.
Putting Behavioral Health Data to Work for Your Clients
Once your behavioral health organization has gathered this information, you need to put the data to work in a way that will be of greatest value to current and future clients. This can include:
- Identifying factors that put clients in high-risk groups
- Assessing the effectiveness of specific therapies, supports, and resources
- Determining the true provider cost of care
- Uncovering disparities and gaps that can undermine progress
- Encouraging data sharing and collaboration, which promotes more effective communication among care providers
Armed with the right data, your behavioral health organization can revolutionize the care you provide your clients, paving the way for a healthier tomorrow.
Discover How Data Analytics Can Help Your Organization
Tired of drowning in data without meaningful action? SimiTree Afia Analytics throws you a lifeline. Our Afia Navigator solution:
- Integrates all your data sources
- Provides a single source of truth for your organization
- Guides you to actionable improvements
It's not just data dashboards — it's actionable insights that power growth, predict the future, and prove your impact.
Afia Navigator goes beyond basic metrics, showing how you:
- Reduce readmissions, improve lives, and optimize cash flow
- Track charges, payments, and A/R with laser precision
- Quantify your impact on health outcomes and demonstrate the true value of your services
See your world at a glance, confident in your data and ready to transform the behavioral healthcare you provide.
Contact us today with the contact form below or call us at 866.839.5471 to speak with an expert about using data analytics to improve your operations and enhance client care.