If your organization received $10,000 or more in payments from the Provider Relief Fund (PRF) between July 1, 2020, and Dec. 31, 2020, a report detailing how the funds were used must be filed with the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) no later than March 31.
A portal for PRF reporting is available on the HRSA website.
"The second reporting period for Provider Relief Funds closes at the end of this month, and reports are due from providers who received one or more general or targeted PRF payments during the last six months of 2020," said SimiTree Managing Principal Rob Simione, who oversees financial consulting.
"The payments must have exceeded $10,000 in the aggregate, must have been received between July 1, 2020, and Dec. 31, 2020, and must have been used prior to Dec. 31, 2021," Simione said.
Providers who received PRF distributions prior to July 1, 2020, were required to report to the HRSA how those funds were used during the first PRF reporting period.
"Providers who did not report on the use of those funds during the first reporting period are out of compliance with the PRF program and will be required to return those PRF payments," Simione said.
A fact sheet is available, outlining to providers how to go about returning funds.
Providers complying with the reporting process for the first time during the second reporting period will find details on how to file the report. The registration process takes about 20 minutes, and must be completed in a single session, SimiTree consultants say. It will require a user name (an email address) and a password.
The registration process also requires:
- Tax ID Number (TIN) [or other number submitted during the application process (e.g., Social Security Number (SSN), Employer Identification Number (EIN))]
- Business name of the Reporting Entity (as it appears on IRS Form W-9)
- Contact information (i.e., name, phone number, email) of the person responsible for submitting the report
- Address (i.e., street, city, state, five-digit zip code) of the Reporting Entity as it appears on IRS Form W-9)
- TIN (s) of subsidiaries (if a provider is reporting on behalf of subsidiary or subsidiaries) - in a list delimited by commas, e.g.,123456789,987654321,135791357)
- Payment information (for any one of the PRF payments received)
- TIN of entity that received the payment
- Payment amount
- Mode of payment (check or direct deposit ACH)
- Check number or ACH settlement date
If you questions or need assistance with reporting, answers to many of the most common questions related to reporting requirements and auditing may be found in the Reporting and Auditing FAQs.
A Provider Support Line is also available, at 866-569-3522. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday. Hours are subject to change.
SimiTree can help
SimiTree financial consultants are available to help providers file reports, complete the return process and remain in reporting compliance with the PRF program as well as all other compliance aspects specific to the post-acute industry.
Our clinical, financial, and operational expertise helps organizations become stronger and healthier overall. Use the form below to reach out to us today and let’s begin the conversation about how we can help your organization.